Marine Science Field Study InstructorAwendaw SC
Sewee Coastal Retreat Center, Awendaw, SC
Expedition Sewee: Sewee offers day and night programming about natural resources and marine ecology, as well as team initiatives and games. Instructors regularly teach all marine science and natural resource components of the core curriculum and create and master lesson plans for six marine science classes including marine life, salt water study, salt marsh expedition, intracoastal waterway boat tour and barrier island beach studies. All curriculums align with South Carolina state standards. (Applicants must have degree in Marine Science or like field and/or have experience in Marine Science.)
- Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
- Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
- Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
- Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
- Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
- BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
Twice a month pay of $550-$600 plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: Send resumes to Candice Heatherly at firstname.lastname@example.org