Echo Hill Outdoor School is a community that thrives on education and stresses genuine concern for others, cooperation, integrity, and enthusiasm for life. Residential teaching positions are available for individuals with initiative, motivation, energy, creativity, and commitment. We welcome applications year-round. Our primary employment start dates are March and late August.
• Plan and teach a variety of classes from all curriculum areas
• Create and implement new course and curriculum ideas
• Supervise all aspects of student residential life including overnights in platform tents or cabins, table heading family-style meals, supervising free time and recreational activities
• Active involvement in the end of week staff program assessment of visiting groups and general operation
• Minimal maintenance duties (upkeep of the campus and facilities)
• Background in education, recreation, environmental/outdoor education, challenge course learning, psychology, human service professions, natural sciences, marine biology or related fields
• Enthusiasm and passion for the environment and students of all ages
• Must work effectively with fellow staff, be able to take initiative, and problem solve
Requirements: Current certifications in American Red Cross First Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR are required. All program staff must participate in a Maryland and FBI Criminal History check and USCG and Department of Transportation employee drug-testing program.
Compensation: The starting salary for an entry level Teacher/Naturalist is $260 - $275 per week depending on additional certifications. School-owned housing and full board are a condition of this residential teaching position. Ten month contracts are available for interested, committed individuals. A staff medical policy is available.
Deadline: Applications are welcome year-round. Primary start dates are in March and late August.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, two phone reference contacts, and two written references to:
Betsy McCown, Associate Director
Echo Hill Outdoor School
13655 Bloomingneck Rd.
Worton, MD 21678 or firstname.lastname@example.org