Education Program CoordinatorMidland TX
The Education Program Coordinator is a professional position with primary responsibility for developing, coordinating, evaluating, scheduling and marketing quality education programs at the Sibley Nature Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, refines, assesses and expands upon current curriculum for Sibley’s broad range of educational programs including Tales and Trails Preschool Storytime, Nature Club, School Tours, Summer Camps, and Homeschool programs.
- Supervises the Program Associate and education volunteers in interpreting Nature Center programs and trails to children and adults using generally accepted nature interpretation techniques.
- Coordinates and plans Sibley's annual events with the Board Program Committee.
- Coordinates programs on internal and website calendars with program associate and volunteer schedules.
- Works with partner organizations and Midland Independent School District on existing and new programs.
- Recruits and supervises volunteer educators through Texas Master Naturalists and Midland Volunteer Connections website.
- Works with Executive Director to market programs on Facebook, and uses patronmanager software to create online registration links for programs.
- Works with the Program Associate to develop and maintain education space by purchasing display spaces, furniture, exhibits, and other needs.
- Develops and tracks the annual education and programs budget.
- Prepares annual reports by analyzing program data, visitor walk-ins, and other relevant information.
- Creates and maintains interactive touch screen displays throughout the Nature Center using intuilab software.
- Assists in the maintenance and update of www.sibleynaturecenter.org
- Support Executive Director and/or Museum Scientist in special projects or assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Hours and Environment: This is a full-time position with a minimum 40 hours per work week. The center is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mon. through Fri. and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. The education program coordinator is expected to coordinate weekend programs and hold a regular schedule of Tues.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sat. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedules can be flexed to support staff needs. The education program coordinator works in the Nature Center office in and on Nature Center property (generally outdoors) under wide range of weather conditions and terrains, and in schools, community buildings and other offsite indoor and outdoor locations.
Physical Demands: While performing essential functions, the education program coordinator is regularly required to walk, stand, see, speak and hear; frequently required to sit, reach, use hands to manipulate objects or tools and work in all weather conditions; and occasionally required are the abilities to lift up to 40 lbs., carry, bend and stoop.
Education and Experience: Requirements include a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Education, Biology, Ecology, Natural Science or a closely related field, one (1) year experience in an environmental oriented setting and two (2) years experience working with groups of children or adults, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written skills. Master’s Degree in Environmental Education or related field is preferred.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com