Public Programs SpecialistMonterey CA
The Public Programs Specialist is responsible for delivering a high volume of daily programs and tours, and will provide training, coaching and feedback to staff and volunteers. This individual will collaborate with the Assistant Manager of Public Programs and an interdivisional team of staff and volunteers for the development of guest programming at a variety of venues throughout the aquarium.
- Deliver feeding narrations, auditorium programs, tours or other public programs
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to develop new programs and modify existing ones as needed
- Write program training manuals and liaison between Conservation and Science and Exhibits to ensure program materials have most up to date scientific information
- Facilitate ambassador training program, ensuring program delivery adheres to Aquarium standards
- Facilitate volunteer guide feeding narration training program, ensuring program delivery adheres to Aquarium standards
- Act as a lead resource about marine science topics and natural history information for staff and volunteers
- Provide, and model to team, a superlative guest experience through supporting the Operations team with daily support on the floor
Absolutely Required Skills / Knowledge / Ability / Experience or Education
- Bachelor's degree in natural science, theater or education related field.
- Two years' experience delivering educational, theatrical or related programming in an informal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver education programs in a fun, scientifically accurate and engaging manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop science training materials for non-science professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of types of professionals, interns and volunteers of various ages.
- Must be self-directed with ability to make independent decisions.
- Must be highly organized, reliable and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Ability / Experience or Education
- Strong background in local marine science and education, with a demonstrated ability to apply concepts in educational settings.
- Experience producing short videos and editing with Adobe Premier or other comparable video editing software
- Demonstrated writing ability.
- Ability to learn and deliver marine science and natural history content
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Experience work planning
- Experience strategizing program development
For more information and to apply: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/about/job-opportunities