Environmental EducatorWindsor CT
The Town of Windsor, CT is seeking an Environmental Educator to develop, coordinate, and implement environmental education programs for children, adults, and families at Northwest Park. The park is a 473-acre living classroom featuring native forests, fields, wetlands, and heritage farm animals. Our mission is to foster an understanding and appreciation of nature and build community through a variety of educational and passive recreational experiences.
In this role, you will plan, organize, coordinate and teach environmental education programs at Northwest Park as well as assist with daily park operations. You will work in a team environment and will supervise a team of year round and seasonal part time educators.
The starting salary is $56,368. Town employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, short and long term disability and a defined contribution retirement plan. Onsite housing is available for a nominal monthly rent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement education programs for school groups at all levels that meet current science curriculum standards
- Plan, promote, and implement a diverse schedule of public programs for audiences of all ages, including special events and contracted presenters
- Oversee a robust children’s camp program including summer and school break daycamps and regional overnight adventures; hire, train, and manage camp staff
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Knowledge of natural sciences, regional natural history, and related environmental issues
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and deliver environmental education lesson plans and outdoor activities for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to instruct and communicate with diverse audiences including children and adults and establish and maintain effective working relationships with instructors, other employees, participants, community groups and the general public
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences, environmental education or a closely related field, with two years of experience in developing and teaching environmental educational programs;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
To apply: Complete an on-line application at https://townofwindsorct.com/human-resources/employment-application/ and attach a cover letter by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA.