Ecology EducatorPoland ME
The Ecology School provides residential and day environmental education programs for elementary and middle school students. We are a community-oriented organization that works hard to practice what we teach and to teach with intention. We are committed to making every program empowering, informative and fun for our students and pour our hearts, energy and time into our work. Our overnight campus is based in Poland, Maine, just a short trip away from the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire and the thriving city of Portland, Maine.
- Experience in K-8 education and/or environmental education.
- BS or BA degree or, in the case of interns, several terms of undergraduate courses and experience.
- Ability to work long hours outdoors (often physically strenuous) managing groups of children.
- Trained in CPR and First Aid
College graduates receive a starting salary of $320 per week, post-graduates receive a starting salary of $340 per week. Each educator is provided with room and board, which includes weekends.
- Plan and teach lessons to a group of approximately 10-12 students generally between 3rd and 8th grade.
- Attend and participate during meals (usually sitting at a student table to share the meal and to engage students).
- Help set up the site for the week on Monday and clean-up the site on Friday.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, including all Staff Meetings, Teachers Meetings and other meetings called as necessary.
- Participate in pre-lesson educational skits and dinner theater.
- Assist in developing curriculum, skits and program materials for The Ecology School.
- Consult with classroom teachers and Ecology School Directors to make decisions regarding students' conduct.
- Develop good rapport and positive relations with students, teachers and other educators.
- Perform various duties (3-5 per week) such as breakfast or lunch dishes, dorm clean-up with students, recreation or dorm supervision, and put-to-bed.
10. Live on-site in staff housing co-workers.
To apply: Use application form on the jobs page of our website, http://www.theecologyschool.org/, and send resume, cover letter and completed application to Alexandra Grindle, Director of Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org.