Wilderness Awareness School is an internationally recognized not-for-profit leading the way in transformational and educational experiences designed to deepen connection with nature, community and self. This engaging, down-to-earth, all-ages nature school is looking for a parttime Anake Outreach Coordinator to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is both detail-oriented and highly relational. They can speak passionately and accurately about the Anake Outdoor School, reply to emails and texts in a timely and professional manner, organize and keep track of spreadsheets and paperwork for students, and help steward prospective students to make the best decision for them and the school.
This job is for you if you:
- Are inspired by our mission
- Love talking to prospective students about programs
- Are a highly effective communicator
- Have an excellent work ethic
- Enjoy creating and managing systems of organization
- Are able to manage projects on your own and work autonomously
- Have a positive attitude and are able to engage with a dynamic and creative organization
- Enjoy working in a progressive, relational, nature-loving, community-oriented team of passionate individuals
Part time; 24 hrs/week; flexibility to occasionally work from home depending on needs.
Potential to increase to full time position with additional complementary marketing or instructional roles.
1.) Primary responsibility for interviewing and enrolling Anake Outdoor School students
2.) Secondary responsibility of assisting marketing team with essential initiatives
*See Full Job Description (below) for further details
Key Job Requirements
• Completion of the Anake Outdoor School program
• Deep understanding of the Anake Curriculum/8 Shields model and an ability to share passionately and accurately about each shield
• A commitment to understand, practice, and develop capacity for Diversity and Equity Competence
- Salary based on experience
- 5 weeks paid time off; pro-rated depending on total number of hours
- Discounted or free Wilderness Awareness programs and professional training
- Connective, community minded workplace
- Monthly stipend to purchase health insurance
- 3% salary retirement plan match
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com a complete application packet including:
1. Employment Application https://wildernessawareness.org/about/employment
2. Cover letter to Dan Corcoran, Adult Program and Marketing Director
Or Mail to:
Adult Program and Marketing Director
Wilderness Awareness School
POB 219, PMB 137
Duvall, WA 98019
Applications due by Thursday May 30th, 2019.
Start date will be in early August.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Our mission is to help children and adults cultivate healthy relationships with nature, community and self.