Urban Park RangerNew York NY
The Urban Parks Rangers’ (UPR) mission is to link New Yorkers to the natural world through environmental education, outdoor recreation, wildlife management and active conservation.
- Under supervision, lead educational and recreation based programs for school children, summer camps and adults in natural areas throughout the city.
- Lead active conservation projects that support wildlife, preserve the urban natural world and promote stewardship of parks and natural resources.
- Guide new and current Ranger programming. Current programs include canoeing, hiking, seining, fishing, biking, historical tours as well as educational programming.
- Staff nature centers, greet visitors and disseminate information regarding rules and regulations, health and safety hazards and park events to the public.
- Patrol parks and natural areas, provide a uniform presence and enforce Parks Rules and Regulations.
- Provide first aid and emergency response to park patrons.
- Issue summonses for the violation of park rules and regulations; may detain or arrest violators of city and state laws.
- May be assigned to work in any borough.
Salary: $47,135 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 7/22/2019
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 399232
For details about NYC Parks go to www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.