Send your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com, and go to
www.my.americorps.gov to complete the online application.
AmeriCorps Member – 11 month term
Boise Urban Garden School (BUGS) is seeking an Environmental Education Instructor.
Develop and deliver environmental education lessons and community programs to Treasure Valley students and community members of all ages and assist with organizational details and logistics involved in delivering these programs.
Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with teaching and special events, and help with special projects.
• Educate multi-age audiences through lessons, community programs and presentations.
• Develop new curriculum; modify and improve existing lessons; tailor presentations to different audiences
• Represent BUGS at Community Outreach Events – examples include but are not limited to: Expos and conferences, Parks and Rec and City of Boise outreach events; AmeriCorps special events.
• Assist in the recruitment, supervision and training of volunteers.
• Organize and lead summer camps and special programs.
• Perform some administrative duties related to scheduling and program delivery using tools that will include Microsoft Office, email, PowerPoint etc.
• Positively and courteously respond to phone and in-person inquiries.
• 18 years of age or older, at beginning of service term.
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent, or commit to earning one prior to receiving award.
• Ability to commit to the full term of service for which they are applying.
• Ability to pass a fingerprint criminal history background check
• Experience with environmental education, or STEM content knowledge preferred.
• Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness to individuals and groups; Convey respect, assistance, and resourcefulness, in a friendly manner
• Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of City employees, the general public
• Communicate effectively in the English
• Holds a valid driver’s license
Member Benefits Include:
• A taxable, monthly living allowance ($13,992 paid over the term of service).
• Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible members receive an education award of $6,095.00 for a full-time position. The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans or for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational or trade schools. The education award is taxed in the year that it is used.
• Loan forbearance
• Basic medical insurance for those who qualify.
• Childcare allowance for those who qualify.
• Professional development, trainings and networking opportunities.
• Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dates of Service: Full-time: 11 months at approximately 40 hours/week, October 2019 - August 2020