Manager of Public ProgramsPhiladelphia PA
The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education seeks a passionate and energetic naturalist/educator to guide the growth and development of the full range of the Center’s public programs. This is full-time salaried position with a benefits package that includes vacation, health, dental, vision and retirement; position reports to the Director of Education.
Essential duties include:
- Staff public programs as needed, including evenings, weekends and some overnights.
- Serve as the Saturday educator for January and February
Program Coordination & Administration
- Manage and coordinate the Center’s public programs, including seasonal festivals, summer and day-off camp, and Saturday, afterschool, adult, and health and wellness programs.
- Oversee the full- and part-time staff that lead these programs, including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating.
- Evaluate the Center’s public programs, designing and developing new ones as the department decides.
- Manage the inter-departmental public programs planning process.
- Manage the Schuylkill Center’s summer camp program including hiring and training staff, coordinating field trips, tracking budgets, and overseeing day-to-day operations.
- Assist the Director of Education in creating and managing budgets for these program areas.
- Work closely with communications staff on writing text for calendars and brochures as well as on promoting public programs through various social media outlets.
- Serve as the Schuylkill Center representative on external committees including Philadelphia Science Festival and Alliance for Watershed Education.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will have a strong grounding in natural sciences and environmental education with at least two years’ experience in leading comparable programming for a similar education institution, or some combination of relevant education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree in biology, natural resources, education, environmental/science education, outdoor education or related fields is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Aaliyah Green Ross, Director of Education, at email@example.com or mail to Aaliyah at the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, 8480 Hagy’s Mill Road, Philadelphia, PA 19128.