OUTDOOR AND ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & FAMILY/GROUP PROGRAMS
We are currently interviewing applicants for our Program Instructor position at Frost Valley YMCA. We are looking to hire Instructors for our 2020 Winter and Spring seasons starting immediately through mid-June 2020. We also have positions available starting in late March.
Description: Program Staff are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up of programs offered through the Environmental Education and Group and Family Retreats Departments at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote deeper connections with student and guests inner selves, with others and with the outdoors.
Qualifications: Experience working with children a must. Bachelor's degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field a plus. Equivalent life experience is also accepted. Must have a firm commitment to changing the world by working with children of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Standard First Aid and CPR are required. If you do not have current certifications you will be trained upon arrival. Persons of color encouraged to apply.
Salary: $70-75/day plus Room and Board, DOE.
- Medical/dental/life insurance after completing 60 days.
- Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting. Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available.
- Shared and individual housing with own private room.
- Professional conference/training opportunities with prior approval.
- On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: Brett Tillman, School Programs Director 2000 Frost Valley Road Claryville, NY 12725 or e-mail: email@example.com For more info check out our website at www.frostvalley.org