This position is a natural resources/park management position. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day, statewide operation of all Delaware State Parks. This position oversees all Delaware State Park field operations including over 5.8 million visitors annually, 26,000+ acres of land, 125 full time employees, and over 600 seasonal employees.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees program implementation.
- Provides technical direction and oversight for subordinates.
- Recommends and drafts laws, rules and regulations applicable to assigned program areas.
- Drafts grant applications and budget proposals; may participate in other specialized fiscal activities.
- Manages staff personnel matters such as training, performance evaluation, hiring interviews, and making hiring recommendations.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts meetings and workshops with other agencies and the private sector.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Environmental Program Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
2. Three years experience in environmental/natural resources program administration which includes overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of environmental/natural resource programs and services; establishes program objectives; plan short and long range program goals; develop and implement program policies and procedures and ensures compliance and funding requirements. Provides advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
3. Three years experience in analyzing and evaluating data.
4. Three years experience in interpreting environmental laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
5. Six months experience in operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
To apply, click the link below: https://www.jobapscloud.com/DE/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=012820&R2=MGCD03&R3=400300