Do you love spending time outdoors? At Tamarack Adventure & Retreat Center our staff are the vital link between nature and the classroom. Tamarack is looking for qualified candidates who can think critically, take initiative, and inspire those around them to explore their potential. In addition to many others, an Outdoor Educator’s primary responsibility is to deliver phenomenal experiential education programming to all clientele and foster a positive learning environment.
With over 50 programs, no two days at Tamarack are the same. Most educators master between 7-10 classes – enough to keep your days interesting without getting overwhelmed.
Anticipated Employment Dates:
Spring May 1 – June 8 (later start dates available)
Summer June 15 – August 14
Fall August 17 – October 31 (extended dates may be available)
*Single or multi-season positions available
Compensation: $350 per week for new educators + room and board
Physical Work Environment: Hours/days worked per week vary according to camp schedule/needs; this position requires a full-time commitment. Position requires a positive attitude in all weather conditions, as we operate year-round. Must have open availability and live on camp for the duration of contract.
• American Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (on-site training available) Lifeguarding also available
• 1 year experience in outdoor education or coursework in related degree
Job Behaviors and Work Characteristics
• Facilitate all programs in accordance with our standards and adapt programs to group needs and age levels
• Translate concepts into engaging programming, utilizing questioning strategies for inquiry-based learning
• Serve as an overall guide to groups while maintaining a strong customer service attitude
• Possess strong verbal communication skills; able to engage audience with clear and persuasive rhetoric
• Participate in staff training and development
• Complete assigned projects including camp and program material maintenance
• Maintain excellent communication with all management, staff, and guests
• Hard-working, flexible and able to multi-task
• Ability to adapt to changing situations
• Enjoys working with children and can build rapport in a short period of time
• Driven to continuously train and educate both self and others
At Tamarack Camps we are very interested in investing in our staffs’ future. We believe in professional development and offer additional training to qualified staff through certifications with American Red Cross and Association for Challenge Course Technologies (ACCT).
Please apply online to Join Our Team!
or email Program Manager, Marisa Murphy