Director of Camp GarrettNewtown Square PA
Primary Role: To further the mission of Garrett Williamson by developing and delivering a ten-week long, day camp program that is safe, fun, and age-appropriate for summer campers, ages five to fifteen, to reflect Garrett Williamson's commitment to providing quality educational, environmental and recreational programs to all families regardless of financial means.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, staff and evaluate camp programming to meet the needs and interests of campers while ensuring program safety and quality.
- Use best practices in youth development and experiential education to guide programming.
- Manage the daily business and financial operations of the summer camp program. This includes but is not limited to maintaining accurate accounting records and following up on account receivable balances in a timely manner.
- Oversee the camp registration process to most efficiently manage camper enrollment.
- Manage the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), including supervision of the food service staff, and the timely and accurate completion of state documentation to ensure food program reimbursements.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate camp staff, including health care staff, based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Market the summer camp program using multiple means such as, but not limited to, social media, print ads, community meetings and website.
- Maintain ACA Accreditation.
- Develop and implement camp crisis and risk management procedures.
- Coordinate, market and participate in all camp special events and assist with organization-wide events as needed.
- Create and maintain positive business and working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, families, campers, vendors and the community.
Qualifications, Skills, and Ability:
- BA or BS in related human services field and previous administrative experience required. Additional experience in education and/or recreational programming that reflects the camp’s population is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a camp environment or comparable setting.
- Proficiency in data management, word processing and computer software required.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits. Salary range is between $37,500-$42,500.