Position # X2040 – Sumner County
University of Tennessee Extension is seeking an Extension Agent – Sumner County.
Commensurate with training and experience. This position is funded jointly by UT Extension and Sumner County. Sumner County Government funds 47% of the position salary and benefits costs.
Group hospitalization and life insurance; State Retirement;
Workers' Compensation; sick and annual leave;
numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs,
including liberal time off for holidays, and longevity pay after
three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
• Plan, execute, and evaluate programs in the areas of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
• Keep abreast of the latest information in Agriculture, Marketing and Community Economic Development to meet the educational needs of the county.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with Extension staff, commercial producers, agri-business, agricultural agencies, and general public.
• Develop a cadre of supporters and volunteers to aid in the delivery of programs.
• Secure extramural funds through grants, fee-based programs, and gifts.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of program accomplishments and impacts into the UT Extension reporting system.
• Responsible to the County Director in all administrative and program matters.
• Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, or closely related field is required.
• A 2.7 cumulative GPA (BS degree on a 4-point scale) or an earned Master’s Degree is required. Preference will be given to applicants with a MS Degree, and/or work experience in a related field.
• A complete application package will include a 1) letter of interest, 2) resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) official or unofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred.
Please apply online by clicking this link: Apply for Extension Educator Positions
UT Extension Phone: (865) 974-7245
212 D Morgan Hall Fax: (865) 974-0882
Knoxville TN 37996-4525
Web Site: http://utextension.tennessee.edu