Our mission is to inspire a life-long connection to nature and community through creative exploration of the outdoors. Wild Bear Nature Center is seeking Nature Educators to join our education team and help lead our year-round children’s programs. This individual must have at least 600 hours of experience delivering well planned full day educational programs for children. We are seeking creative, child centered educators who love nature and are looking to work in a positive, hard-working environment.
• Plan and implement creative hands-on full day nature programs
• Orient into Wild Bear’s materials, programs, policies, philosophy when working with children
• Work with our education team to plan fun and hands-on nature programs for school age children
• Take pride in diligently organizing and maintaining Wild Bear’s education materials
• Integrate new ideas into Wild Bear’s existing programs and materials
• Insure that all children are safe and accounted for at all times
• Drive a 15-passenger van to outlying areas such as Mud Lake for exploration opportunities
• Create a plan each day and adhere to a schedule but be flexible in response to children and nature.
Positions Available for:
1. Early childhood educators: ages 3-6: Educators who understand the value of magic and mystery, creative implementation of deepening a love of nature.
2. School-age educators: 7-9: Educators who are project oriented, creatively engaging children in hands-on creative learning about their backyard discoveries.
3. Tweens, 10+: Educators who meaningfully deliver higher level natural science concepts which are applicable to their daily lives.
**Please include your preference and what makes you a great candidate for that age group. We are in support of candidates with Waldolf and creative learning model mindsets and experience.
Tentative Schedule: (subject to change) Approximately 24-30 hrs/week
• 3 Full Days a week: 8am-4pm
• Planning Fridays: 9am-12pm
The variety of our offered programs are a great mix of learning, creativity, nature exploration all held in the outdoors where ever and whenever possible! Wild Bear’s education team develops the theme and then staff create a structure of the day which encompasses science, music, games, story, crafts and outdoor exploration! See above requirements which apply directly to these programs.
Job Qualification Requirements:
• Completed (or in progress) degree in the field of education, environmental studies, natural science or related field and/or 2-3 years and/or 600 hours of experience in leading groups of school-age children in nature.
• Clear background check from the Colorado Department of Human Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
• Three positive professional references
• Experience and/or education in innovative nature education program full day planning Nature Educator Profile:
• Child focused in teaching techniques
• Has skills and experience in nontraditional, experiential, and creative teaching models and programs
• Natural History knowledge, skills, interest, and experience
• Creative and art focus for program planning and implementation
• Adaptive problem solving and educational mindset
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to self-start and work as a member of a team
• Strong presentation skills
• Fun, creative, and project oriented
• Thinks outside the box
• People with musical and creative strengths, a sense of humor, a kind and gentle demeanor, who enjoy spending time with children and love the outdoors!
Compensation: $15/hour with room for growth.
Send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Nature Education Director, Michelle Witte, email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Please reference where you saw this post