NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The candidate will be a member of the Distributed Generation (DG) Solar and Storage technical team in Juno Beach, Florida. The team is responsible for ensuring the reliable and safe operation of solar and battery storage assets in the Nextera Energy DG fleet. In this role, among other things, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with various Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to resolve Root-Cause Analysis (RCAs) on solar and battery related issues
- Assisting the operations team to resolve field issues
- Developing diagnostic tools to predict and prevent failures using plant data
- Optimization of plant performance through controls or operational changes
This role will involve traveling approximately 10% of the time to sites or vendor facilities.
- Masters in Engineering
- Six-Sigma Green Belt or higher
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience at a battery manufacturer
- At least three years’ experience working in the field of solar and energy storage
Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs
• Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field
• Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:5+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.