The Washington Square Park Conservancy is a not for profit organization working with NYC Parks and neighborhood groups to ensure that Washington Square Park continues as a diverse and historical urban green space through engaging volunteers and raising funds to help keep the park clean, safe and beautiful.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the Sr. Community Relations Manager to craft and manage social media content across WSPC’s various platforms. This is a remote internship position, with the potential for in-person work as well (outdoors in Washington Square Park) according to local COVID regulations.
Social Media Intern Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and scheduling content for the company’s social media accounts.
- Creating/maintaining a calendar of significant dates for WSP.
- Brainstorming campaign ideas and new ways of sharing our message.
- Monitoring various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Engaging with followers across these platforms.
- Tracking analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Maintaining WSPC’s content bank.
- Providing suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Occasionally assisting with virtual events.
Work Hours & Compensation:
Interns will work 15 hours per week, scheduling of those hours is flexible and will be determined by a conversation with the Sr. Community Relations Manager prior to internship start date.
This is a 4-month position, beginning in May.
Compensation: school credit or $15/hr.
- College sophomore or above.
- Access to a computer or other internet-enabled device with a microphone and webcam.
- Previous professional experience with social media marketing.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good communications skills.
- Familiarity with public-private partnerships.
- Connection to Washington Square Park/Greenwich Village community a plus.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com