Environmental ScientistBedford, NH
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re seeking an environmental scientist who can lead wetland permitting and compliance efforts for transportation, water and other infrastructure projects. Work will include the identification of permitting and regulatory requirements for a variety of public and private sector projects. Tasks will involve the development of permitting strategies; preparation of permit applications under federal and state wetlands protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, Clean Water Act 401 Water Quality Certificates, USACE Section 404 permits, federal and state endangered species laws and regulations, stormwater management programs/National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), and National Environmental Policy Act/ Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act.
You’d be asked to identify new project opportunities, assist with proposal development including technical scope development and budget estimates.
We’d ask you to lead and manage field work to delineate wetlands, design and assess wetland mitigation areas, complete habitat assessments, understand drainage system design and regulatory requirements; and inform the design and troubleshooting of erosion and sedimentation controls during the construction phase of large infrastructure projects. In this role, the successful candidate would be required to mentor younger environmental scientists and technical staff.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- BA or BS in a scientific or engineering discipline (Including: Environmental Science, Biology, Soils, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering).
- MS in a scientific or engineering discipline (Including: Environmental Science, Biology, Soils, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering) or at least the minimum number of years of demonstrable professional experience (10+ years) in the field.
- At least 7 years of demonstrable professional experience in wetland permitting and compliance is required.
- Wetland delineation and habitat assessment experience is required.
- Wetland mitigation design experience is required.
- Wetland permitting compliance experience is required.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication skills, and computer literacy is required.
- A proven working knowledge of wetland permitting and compliance for large infrastructure projects is preferred with demonstrable project experience in New England, especially Massachusetts.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit jacobs.com to apply online.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.