Senior Marine Mammal BiologistAny AECOM office on the East Coast MA
AECOM has a position available for a Senior Marine Mammal Biologist to be based in any AECOM office in the United States, preferably East Coast. In this role the qualified candidate will join our expanding Marine Sciences Practice focusing on the Offshore Services Initiative with a primary focus on Offshore Wind Energy Siting and Permitting.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
Fortune ’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
#1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM’s global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals – to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand AECOM’s profile and market share in the regional and national market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Lead and grow a team of marine mammal experts
- Assessing the effects of underwater noise from the development of infrastructure projects on protected marine species, including whales, dolphins, and pinnipeds
- Provide programmatic oversight on the development of environmental documents including Environmental Impact Statements, Sampling and Analysis Plans and Construction Operations Plan, particularly as it relates to the development of offshore wind farms
- Provide expert advice / guidance on the development of Incidental Harassment Authorizations and minimization of impacts to protected species
- Understanding of BOEM’s regulatory and technical requirements relating to studies, surveys and assessments relating to Offshore Wind Development.
- BS in Biology, Marine Biology
- 10+ years of relevant experience to include providing expert advice / guidance on the development of Incidental Harassment Authorizations and minimization of impacts to protected species.
- Must be willing and able to travel when and as requested
- Pre-employment motor vehicle record check will be conducted
- Sponsorship for this position is not available
- Preferred Qualifications
- MS in Biology, Marine Biology, is preferred
- PhD is highly desired
- Candidates with experience with East Coast marine mammals and sea turtles is highly desired
- 12+ years of relevant experience, and the ability to lead and grow a team of marine mammal experts, provide programmatic oversight on the development of environmental documents including Environmental Impact Statements, Sampling and Analysis Plans and Construction Operations Plan, particularly as it relates to the development of offshore wind farms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online HERE.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!