Terrestrial BiologistSolana Beach, CA
Cardno is seeking a self-motivated, Mid-level Terrestrial Biologist with Desert Tortoise Experience to join our Government Services team in Southern California. As part of our Government Services Team, you will provide high-quality, analytical support to Federal Government clients while working closely with other Cardno team members on National Environment Policy Act documentation projects and supporting field studies, regulatory guidance, and permitting strategies. Work will include both desktop and field work depending on need, career aspirations, and future workload. Seeking strong candidates with experience working in southern California habitats. Preferred candidates will have U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Authorization to survey for Desert Tortoise in the southwestern U.S. Local candidates are preferred and would likely be situated in our Solana Beach, California office, although there may be some flexibility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical consulting skills in the areas of biology, ecology, and other resources by conducting field surveys, monitoring, and/or reporting;
- Conducting environmental impact desktop analyses;
- Organizing regulatory agency permitting and regulatory packages;
- Working within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments; and
- Completing work assignments in accordance with Cardno's management system, format and quality standards.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a natural science discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience working in the environmental consulting industry.
- 3 or more years of experience conducting biological work in southern California habitats.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Authorization to survey for Desert Tortoise in the southwestern U.S. is preferred.
- Federal recovery permits, and any other ecological certifications, are a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols.
- Effective communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Enjoy working as a member of a collaborative team.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills required. Must be comfortable using basic document and data software such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Must have experience managing/using GPS data collection.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!