LIS Program AssistantWestchester, NY
Put your organizational and administrative skills to work on behalf of the environment. We are seeking a highly organized, energetic, personable individual to serve as Long Island Sound Program Assistant in our New York office.
This is a full-time, non-exempt administrative position that will report to and support the Regional Director of Water Protection in our fast-paced, mission driven organization. They will interface with fellow staffers, partner organizations, and supporters on behalf of the New York Office which houses our water quality monitoring program, the Long Island Soundkeeper, and our clean water initiatives in Westchester, New York City, Long Island, and Coastal Connecticut.
- Scheduling and helping to prepare for meetings, presentations, and special events.
- Attending events in New York or Connecticut as support staff and/or as a Save the Sound representative.
- Coordinating internal organizational needs between the NY office and headquarters.
- Assisting with correspondence and expense planning and tracking.
- Assisting with research projects.
- Completing occasional special and additional tasks upon request.
- Associates degree and/or three years of experience in the field.
- Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent follow-through and close attention to detail.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Proven project planning and management skills.
- Self-directed and able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Energetic, with the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making capabilities.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional communication style and ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Common Organizational Job Responsibilities:
- Main positive and productive working relationships with all Save the Sound staff members. This includes providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Participate in building productive relationships with Save the Sound’s supporters, external partners, policy makers, and the general public.
- Participate in organizational meetings and activities as requested, such as monthly staff meetings, trainings, and ad hoc committees.
- Complete all administrative work on time, such as time sheets, purchase orders, project reports, and planning documents.
Terms and Compensation
This is a hourly staff position with benefits, plus reimbursement for travel and expenses. The Long Island Sound Program Assistant will work 40 hours a week but will need to have a flexible schedule to accommodate some long days and occasional weekend days. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, 403b, life and long term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacations, and opportunities for professional development.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, only Save the Sound team members who need to use our lab or field equipment are currently coming into the New York Office, with the remainder of the team working remotely. We are working on a move to a new and larger location nearby in Westchester where all NYbased staff can come into work in a COVID-safe environment. This position will need to work remotely until the new office is ready and safe for staff use, which anticipated to happen in fall of 2021. As a result, there is some flexibility with timeline of relocation to the Westchester area, should that be required. The new office will be located at 1385 Boston Post Road in Larchmont, NY. In order to protect all employees, we are requiring that all new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the start of employment.
Save the Sound is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, two writing samples, and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position. Please use the subject line “Program Assistant Position” when you submit the materials email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!