Development and Digital Marketing ManagerMill Valley, CA
The Development and Digital Marketing Manager (DDMM) develops, oversees and executes Project Coyote’s (PC) fundraising strategy and initiatives across multiple platforms to raise revenue, cultivate new and existing donors/funding sources, and manage membership and the organization’s donor database. The DDMM works with PC team members in developing content across the website, email, social media, mobile, and paid digital advertising that targets and engages the organization’s supporters, and plays a leading role in channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation, analytics, and reporting.
The Development and Digital Marketing Manager is a full-time salaried position with full benefits.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, Advisory Board and PC team, design and implement a development strategy to achieve, expand and enhance PC’s fundraising goals, including foundation and corporate relationships and major gift support.
- Manage and foster long-term relationships with individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Research, analyze, and recommend methods to match interests of foundations and major donors with PC priorities.
- Identify new funding sources and draft targeted and effective grant applications and proposals.
- Develop and execute online fundraising plan, including e-appeals, in coordination with Operations and Outreach Manager and Executive Director.
- Manage donor management database (Salsa/CRM) as well as the integrity of the data stored in the system, and process gift acknowledgements.
- Develop innovative and effective digital marketing initiatives and campaigns to maximize revenue, recruit and retain supporters and support mission outcomes.
- Contribute to the editorial and content strategy for key digital marketing campaigns and platforms.
- Partner with Executive Director and other staff to ensure digital communications are aligned in messaging and timing.
- Cultivate high donors, arranging cultivation meetings with Executive Director by phone and in person.
- Help manage relationships with key vendors who provide digital marketing tools, website content management and other services.
- Perform frequent testing to gauge marketing effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of, and implement, best practices to recruit supporters and maximize donor conversion and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties must be performed with an exceptional degree of accuracy and timeliness. At least five years of experience in online communications, development/marketing, or related fields.
- Experience in a nonprofit advocacy organization, or with an agency that works with advocacy clients and community building, strongly preferred.
- Facility with best practices in cultivation and solicitation for fund development.
- Experience with creating compelling communications that convey key messages and brand themes.
- Team player but also able to work independently and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project-management, team-management, and client-management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated success in marketing to and engaging culturally diverse audiences.
- Facility with CRM software/database (Salsa ideal), Microsoft Word, Google Drive/Docs/Analytics and Excel, social media marketing applications, and social media monitoring platforms.
- Belief in the mission and values of Project Coyote.
- Demonstrated commitment to wildlife conservation.
Competitive salary based on experience; comprehensive benefit package through fiscal sponsor Earth Island Institute, including medical, vision and dental insurance, 11 paid holidays per year, paid vacation, and sick leave.
*Project Coyote is a fiscally sponsored project of Earth Island Institute, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, public interest, membership organization that supports people who are creating solutions to protect our shared planet. EII provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Flexible work location—ideal candidate will work from our Mill Valley office and from home (with experience and knowledge of Bay Area philanthropic community), but will consider remote location for exceptional candidates outside of the Bay area.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest, CV/resume, and two relevant writing samples by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Development & Digital Marketing Manager Position.”