Position Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Programs Lead
International travel required: Up to 10%
About PCI Media
PCI Media is an award-winning, nonprofit with over 35 years of experience in using the power of storytelling, technology, and community to create a healthier, more sustainable and just world. We produce culturally resonant television, radio programs, and communication campaigns to achieve national, regional, and global impact.
We celebrate the positive and reflect our “Love Not Loss” approach to tackling difficult issues. Grounded in social science and communication theory, we employ a systematic, participatory process. With our partners around the world, we have produced television and radio productions, reaching more than one billion people in over 70 countries. For more information, please visit www.pcimedia.org.
About the Position
Reporting to a Programs Lead, the Program Manager is responsible for supporting and contributing to the design and implementation of programs across our three program portfolios, with a particular focus on PCI Media’s Livable Planet work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and support the research, design, production, monitoring and evaluation of PCI's behavior change communication programs; lead client-facing program management, including coordinating and directing sub-contractors and vendors.
• Manage and support the development of SBCC materials (e.g., compendiums and toolkits, infographics, social media assets, printed and broadcast products)
• Manage relationships with funders, clients, and partners to ensure high quality and timely delivery of projects, under the advisement of Programs Lead and VP of Programs.
• Manage project budgets carefully, in coordination with Programs Lead and operations.
• Conduct formative research to develop inception reports and situation analyses to inform program design.
• Organize and contribute to events and training workshops, including but not limited to making logistical arrangements, preparation of presentations, notetaking, group session facilitation and writing reports.
• Support proposal development with program design, proposal writing, budget creation, seeking new potential partners and projects, and collaborating and negotiating with development partners/clients.
• Work across a wide spectrum of issues covered by PCI Media, and stay current with news and trends to inform the projects.
Supervision and Support
• Supervise interns, ensuring a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience.
• Liaise with business development, communications, and M&E functions, providing programs-related support as needed.
PCI Media works on a wide range of issues, broadly categorized under the three portfolios – Empowered People, Livable Planet, and Healthy Living. A great deal of our work is multi thematic and we work to ensure gender and social inclusion in all of our programs. Experience in communications, particularly Communications for Development or Social and Behavior Change Communications are especially desirable. For this position, we’re particularly interested in candidates with interest and/or experience in environmental issues.
Development and Management
• Strong project management and communication skills
• Experienced in writing grant applications and technical proposals
• Ability to facilitate and manage teams
• Organized and detail-oriented
Other required capabilities:
• Good understanding of typical office technologies, including Microsoft Office suite, Teams, Zoom, etc.
• English fluency required. Ability to also speak other UN official languages preferred • Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Must have existing US work authorization
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Program Manager” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.