Engagement CoordinatorCharlottesville, VA
Wild Virginia, a 501(c)(3) organization in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Engagement Coordinator. The Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for relationship management between Wild Virginia and its volunteers, members, donors, and the general public. This person will be responsible for establishing and nurturing partnerships and relationships. The Engagement Coordinator will be the “people person” of the organization, working across all campaigns and activities to manage interactions with the public, supporters, and funders.
Description of Duties
Development & Fundraising Relationships
- Assist the Executive Director in executing the fundraising strategy for Wild Virginia.
- Coordinate monthly Wild Virginia Development Team meetings.
- Manage connections with current and prospective donors.
- Research potential funding sources including grant sources.
- Research and implement ways to attract new donors.
- Create specific engagement and cultivation strategies for donors.
- Write thank-you notes and other donor correspondence.
Community Organizing and Events Coordination
- Help create citizen advocates who will support Wild Virginia’s campaigns.
- Empower citizen involvement in regulatory processes by mobilizing our membership to participate in public comment opportunities.
- Research and implement ways to help members increase engagement in the organization.
- Recruit, coordinate, motivate, and manage a team of interns and volunteers for programs and events. (i.e. water quality monitors for the Campaign for Virginia's Water Future.)
- Work with Wild Virginia’s staff and partner organizations to raise the organization’s visibility and engagement with its key audiences: members, potential and existing donors, the general public, funders, and policy makers.
- Work with our staff and board of directors to plan and manage member engagement events.
- Create compelling, persuasive, and concise written communications.
- Develop target audience language that is inclusive of diverse interests, backgrounds, and identities.
- Supply up-to-date, relevant, and compelling content for the Wild Virginia website.
- Ensure complete and accurate member engagement data is captured in our CRM database and undertake routine database maintenance.
- Perform miscellaneous on-going office administrative tasks such as file maintenance, monitoring mail, entering donations in our CRM database, assist with correspondence and mailings.
- Provide support and assistance to the Executive Director and Conservation Director, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses many of the following characteristics:
- Interest in conservation, environmental science, wildlife preservation, forest protection, and public lands.
- Devotion to empowering people to effectively represent their rights and interests in public policy decision processes.
- Experience with environmental advocacy work, conservation, and work in the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to envision a strong conservation future for Virginia, and an understanding of strategies, policy changes, and public support required to reach that vision.
- Mission-driven team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and support colleagues.
- Experience using platforms like WordPress, Eventbrite, and CRM database software/email marketing clients like SalsaLabs.
- Progressive community engagement experience, including organizing, directing, and supervising volunteers in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong computer skills (including MS Office suite and GoogleDocs).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with report writing and editing.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Meticulous about details and follow-up.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) is preferred, but not required with demonstrated experience.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license or alternative travel accommodations and the ability to travel within Virginia.
- Acceptable background check.
Wild Virginia is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status . Applicants who meet 75% of the description above are encouraged to apply.
Location: Charlottesville, VA. Other locations in Virginia may be considered depending on ability to travel and reliable internet connectivity.
Desired start date: Sept 1, 2021 (Position open until filled)
Starting salary: $35,000/year
Hours: 40/week - Occasional weekend and evening work required with advance notice.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, Simple IRA, travel reimbursement, professional development opportunities, health insurance, family leave, voting leave, volunteer leave, flex time and remote work opportunities, dog-friendly workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out online application HERE.
Wild Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!