Lead Solar Performance EngineerFairfax, VA
ICF is seeking a motivated Lead Solar Performance Engineer with experience in solar photovoltaic and battery storage system performance modeling. As the Lead Solar Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for leading our generation modeling team and contributing to the work of our growing team in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory, with a focus on solar photovoltaic developments. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Independent Engineering business segment by building on our established team.
- Conduct resource and performance modeling for PV solar projects of all scales.
- Contribute as team member in execution of assignments (report writing, data and industry research, analysis, modelling, etc.).
- Preparation and/or review of reports used for project financing purposes.
- Perform ongoing research of solar technologies, generation modeling practices and the state of the industry.
- Manage the software tools and databases utilized by the generation team.
- Mange solar generation team availability and allocate resources.
- Collaborate with equipment providers to analyze emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Physics or other applicable discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the energy sector, specifically, PV solar technology.
- Strong technical knowledge of solar resource and performance modeling, including experience with tools such as PVsyst, System Advisor Model or other resource related software tools.
- Knowledge of due diligence and risk assessment process.
- Understanding of project contracts including power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, supply contracts, balance of plant construction contracts, and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Experience with computer programming such as Python, Matlab, etc.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) designation desirable
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in proposal writing with an emphasis on business development.
- Experience in technical research and writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Experience in additional renewable technologies (outside of solar PV).
- Advanced MS Office Suite experience.
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences.
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment and a capability to prioritize tasks.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online here.