Project ManagerColumbia MD
Scope of Job:
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager or VP, Engineering and Construction, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects and phases of multiple solar EPC projects and programs. The Project Manager is primarily responsible for collaboration with project stakeholders such as owners, utilities, landowners, municipalities, developers, consultants, subcontractors, and other project partners and internal resources such as engineering and construction professionals. The Project Manager will achieve project and corporate goals which are generally described as follows: project schedule, project scope management, budget performance, quality requirements, and safety. The Project Manager will foster a cooperative relationship with project partners and internal resources while meeting the company strategic goals and continually messaging the value of the company services to stakeholders. This position has project P&L responsibility.
- Oversee and manage the delivery of Company projects, on time, on budget, and in accordance with all applicable health, safety, contract, quality, and legal requirements; coordinate, supervise, and manage project team consisting of internal resources (i.e., Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, Design Engineers, and Project Administrators) and outside partners such as subcontractors, consultants, clients, utilities, development partners; take direct responsibility for all aspects of project delivery, where necessary; secure subcontractors; lead team in vetting, qualifying, referencing, scoping, price negotiation, and contracting with subcontractors; implement and manage project administration, including project meetings, document control, submittals, quality control, construction team planning and documentation, and other closeout and commissioning of projects.
- Manage budget, expenses, revenue, margin, and schedule for multiple simultaneous projects; track project actual P&L vs. plan and take corrective action to meet objectives; accurately forecast project revenues, cost, and margins. Manage subcontractor payments and project billings.
- Implement health and safety program for each project; manage project compliance with health and safety program, including compliance by personnel, subcontractors, customers, and others at the project site; assure continuous compliance by project and subcontractors with requirements of all project contracts, subcontracts, applicable laws, and applicable permits; take primary responsibility for understanding and applying federal, state, and local code and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and manage processes to secure and maintain required approvals from customers, interconnection providers, and local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs); assure accurate and timely submittals to customers, interconnection providers, and AHJs.
- Support internal origination, development, financing, and engineering teams on project matters, including project pricing, technical design, compliance with site requirements, permitting, and other constraints; perform project diligence, including site reconnaissance, geotech, and investigations; attend AHJ meetings, oversee and provide input on preparation of project design and construction documentation and plans.
- Report on projects to internal and external colleagues and project stakeholders; manage project details and update project progress on Company project management platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Others:
Supervision and direction of project staff, including Project Engineers, Construction Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, and Project Administrators; as well as supervision of external project subcontractors and vendors.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline required.
- Ten or more years progressive experience in construction and/or development, including as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Development Engineer, or Project Superintendent.
- Advanced understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, codes, design/build contracts, and construction means and methods.
- Experience with commercial photovoltaic systems of greater than 1 MW preferred.
- Experienced with land development and project financial closing requirements.
- Experience with large-scale cut and fill earthwork or landfill construction required.
- Experience with subcontracting industrial or large commercial electrical work required.
- Strong knowledge of contract language and contract negotiations
- Understanding of project cost accounting and tracking procedures
- Ability to create and execute project work plans
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with both internal colleagues and external customers and subcontractors
- Strong experience in construction logistics, scheduling, estimating, and budgeting
- A commitment to a safe working environment
- Ability to adapt easily and accept changing situations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail orientated
Physical Requirements: Frequent travel to various North American project sites having varying terrain and weather conditions. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Working Conditions: Work time will be spent both at project sites (outdoor construction sites) and in an office environment, with use of computers, telephone, and other office equipment.
Fiscal Responsibilities: Project Profit/Loss responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online HERE.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!