Environmental SpecialistValhalla NY
WHO WE ARE
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, Inc. (Con Edison CEB), through its three principal subsidiaries – Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) – develops, owns and operates renewable and energy infrastructure assets and provides energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers. Con Edison CEB is headquartered in Valhalla, New York, and has regional offices in Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, San Diego, Virginia, and Wisconsin. CED is a leading developer of solar, wind and battery storage throughout the United States and currently owns and operates over 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects and is the second largest owner and operator of solar photovoltaic facilities in the U.S. CED leads the industry in the development, ownership and operation of renewable energy projects by providing engineering, permitting, interconnection, construction management, start-up and commissioning expertise, as well as operations and maintenance services. CED also has deep experience in financial management for power generation facilities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation
• Obtain a customized career path
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
• Participate in social causes
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Environmental Specialist will support the development of the Company’s environmental initiatives across all business lines of the Clean Energy Businesses (CEB). Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Programs, this individual will ensure that all CEB business lines maintain compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations, and requirements. The Environmental Specialist will promote the importance of environmental compliance through presentations to various groups within CEB and Consolidated Edison Inc. (CEI). As a subject matter expert, you will support the CEB by providing centralized governance for operations and development.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
- Support the development and implementation of CEB’s global Environmental Management System in compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Site Assessments for various projects, permit applications, and development evaluations, across multiple states. Provide technical expertise for program development to drive compliance with environmental permits and environmental regulations at locations across multiple states.
- Provide coordination and support regarding wildlife, native plants and habitats in multiple states, including biological assessments and evaluations, and the potential for occurrence of threatened and/or endangered species and suitable habitat for listed and special status species.
- Coordinate and participate in EHS reviews at selected CEB sites on a rotating basis.
- Develop and maintain a database of approved environmental consultants, working with procurement under the Master Service Agreement process.
- Decision-making latitude: Must be able to review, analyze and solve complex issues related to environmental, health and safety issues across all CEB lines of business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil/environmental engineering or related engineering degree or environmental science.
- 3+ years of experience in environmental studies and facility permitting in the Energy Industry, with some renewable energy focus.
- Experience with obtaining land use permitting including, but not limited to, the following programs and/or agencies: NEPA, State Environmental Quality Programs (e.g. CEQA, SEQA), US ACOE, USFWS, Local Wetland Authorities, etc.
- Experience with environmental compliance matters associated with the following regulatory programs: EPCRA, SPCC, RCRA, CAA.
- Experienced in building relationships with internal and external customer/stakeholders that are based on a partnership style.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Submit online application HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!