National GIS CoordinatorRemote or Nationwide
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment, site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
Develop and coordinate nationwide GIS infrastructure. This position can be remote or based in any SCS office.
- Part of Corporate IT business unit
- May work independently or in conjunction with other business units to coordinate GIS application and usage nationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop company-wide GIS infrastructure.
- Develop and implement SOPs and work flows for GIS use in environmental services and landfill projects company-wide.
- Work as a high-level GIS and data specialist for application design, task automation, spatial/tabular data processing, cartographic production/digital mapping, data management, data collection and data entry.
- Prepares complex scripts or programs to automate functions within a desktop or web-based GIS environment and/or incorporating GIS within other web-based applications (esp. Python/arcpy, SQL, Arcade, VB and general shell scripting).
- Actively uses development best practices in developing and maintaining applications, including writing code, testing and debugging, source control and documentation.
- Must be able to identify and document requirements, and develop supporting workflows.
- Create and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures. Define, recommend, and develop database standards, and develop supporting workflows.
- Review existing practices for data collection and management and identify targets for improvement.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- May be responsible for the technical direction and training of less experienced staff.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally up to 10% of the time maximum.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of database concepts and software (e.g., ArcSDE, SQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access)
- Strong working knowledge of spatial data management, GIS, and data processing (ArcGIS 10+ and PRO); experience with open source tools a plus but not required (QGIS, GRASS, others).
- Ability to develop digital data collection tools, including Esri's Survey123, QuickCapture, Collector, Workforce, and Microsoft Forms, and PowerApps.
- Cartography and Graphic Design capabilities.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work successfully in a team environment.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write reports that summarize spatial analyses and communicate findings with charts, tables and narrative.
- Ability to identify industry trends and determine where company capabilities can be marketed to existing and potential clients.
- Continuously keeping up with latest technology changes.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Geography, Planning, Engineering or Natural Sciences required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in GIS/IT application development required.
- Experience in developing applications using ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server with MS SQL Server or Oracle, ArcGIS Mobile, ArcPad or Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
- GISP, PE or other professional certification a plus. GISP certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online here.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.