Senior Environmental EngineerNew York, NY
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a Licensed Senior Environmental Engineer your role will be to both help develop business and lead teams to implement projects through all phases of a project’s lifecycle. You will be responsible for overseeing environmental staff to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction, on-time delivery and profitable performance.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully assist in marketing environmental services.
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor field logistics for environmental programs.
- Manage multiple projects/task orders simultaneously.
- Establish project/task order objectives, procedures and performance standards.
- Lead project teams in the preparation of technical reports including permit applications, technical memoranda, environmental assessments, strategy and compliance documents, and engineering work products.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project/task order objectives.
- Track and manage costs and schedule and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Provide mentoring and training for junior staff.
- Ensure compliance with project plans and procedures.
- Understanding and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with NYSDEC Brownfield, USEPA Superfund, and other Environmental Regulatory Programs.
- Ability to assist in successfully marketing environmental services and bringing new projects and clients to the firm.
- Capable of leading teams through all phases of project document production.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Capable of participating and collaborating in project team setting to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight and mature engineering or geologic judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership on projects and organizing project teams.
- Perform, review and provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of engineering calculations, design drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to mentor junior staff on engineering design, calculations, and development of technical specifications.
- Capable of serving as technical lead, interfacing with clients, engaging local and remote staff, and interacting with permitting agencies and partnering consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
- Pre-employment physical and good driving record are required.
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, with an emphasis on Environmental Engineering and Remediation. Licensed Professional Engineer or Geologist with a minimum 10 years of experience in NYS.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans