Environmental Technician SupervisorOakland, CA
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
The Environmental Technician Supervisor is responsible for leadership and compliance responsibilities as assigned at the AB&I facility. The Environmental Technician supervisor directly supervises a team of environmental operators with a hands-on management approach.
- Provide Department level management and leadership to environmental operators.
- Generate environmental operation work orders as necessary.
- Review all applicable environmental permits and exemptions in the regulatory areas assigned (e.g. air quality, waste water, Stormwater, solid waste, etc.) to ensure that all anticipated environmental related activities are in compliance with existing permits.
- Manage with a hands-on approach the data collection, operation, maintenance, and compliance of environmental abatement systems.
- Provide assistance for industrial applications relating to electrical, environmental, and mechanical engineering as directed.
- Assist in solving environmental concerns related to plant operations.
- Coordinate with maintenance/engineering to address environmental equipment breakdowns and maintain all preventative maintenance requirements.
- Remain current on all training requirements (applicable safety, RCRA, DOT, SPCC, SWPPP, etc.).
- Assist in development or revision of required compliance plans (SPCC, SWPPP, HMBP, etc.)
- Assist in data gathering and generation of environmental reports (HMBP, TRI, etc.) as assigned.
- Assist contractors and vendors as needed.
- Provide assistance with safety inspections for environmental department.
- Assist with environmental inspectors, auditors, or consultants.
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Assist in development or revision of environmental work instructions as needed.
- Ensure that all environmental records, information and reports required for regulatory compliance or per Company policy are maintained and completed as needed and on a timely basis and that all records and information are properly safeguarded.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in environmental compliance in an industrial or equivalent setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both inter-personal and external relations. Ability to utilize resources effectively and coordinate groups.
- Knowledge in current environmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!