Environmental Regulatory Compliance SpecialistRemote, VA
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US $3.3 billion.
We have been and continue to experience tremendous growth both domestically and globally where this role as a Environmental Regulatory Compliance Specialist (based in Virginia but remote/virtual) can make a significant impact to bring the clean energy solutions through our Environmental Services and Solutions team and assist Black & Veatch leadership in our mission of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
If you are committed to Building a World of Difference®, check out this opportunity to join Black & Veatch’s Environmental team. Our Environmental business has an Environmental Regulatory Compliance Specialist opportunity in Virginia to support environmental science and compliance associated with facility development, construction, and operation with a specific focus on renewable energy, particularly solar energy. We seek an individual with collaboration, field, and execution expertise who operates both independently and as part of a team to deliver exceptional environmental solutions for our clients.
- Provide critical support to our clients in environmental compliance planning and audits; environmental permitting; construction monitoring, including stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) preparation and Best Management Practices (BMP) inspections; and due diligence.
- Lead teams of environmental specialists.
- Advise clients on appropriate strategies to obtain and maintain compliance with environmental approvals and permits affecting siting, design, construction, and operation of projects.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, engineers, construction and other environmental consultants.
- Prepare site certification applications, permit applications, environmental reports, and environmental compliance procedures manuals.
- Work includes a mix of desktop work, field assessments, report/permit preparation and travel. At times, 50% or more time spent in the field.
Education & Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, environmental engineering, or sciences strongly preferred. May also consider other degrees, specialized training, or experience that uniquely qualifies the individual to perform the job responsibilities.
Experience: 5+ years of solutions-oriented environmental consulting to infrastructure or industrial projects. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated success providing strategic environmental consulting for traditional and distributed power generation clients in the renewable energy sector with a specific focus on solar facilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of environmental impact assessment and review documents in compliance with NEPA, FERC, or comparable state or international requirements.
- Functional knowledge of environmental compliance and compliance audits, waters and wetland permitting, threatened and endangered species and cultural resource compliance.
- Demonstrated field experience in construction monitoring as related to environmental compliance, particularly solar projects.
- Positive, team-first, 'get the job done' attitude.
- Highly-developed critical thinking skills with proven problem-solving capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!