Environmental Project ManagerTampa (Riverview) FL
Cardno is looking for an Environmental Project Manager in our Tampa (Riverview), Florida office. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of experts on projects in Florida, and throughout the southeast, under the direction of our Natural Resources Southeast Ecological Lead.
Your practical skills may include:
- Be a FWC Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent and lead surveys, relocations, and permitting efforts
- Delineation of wetlands and waterbodies following USACE methodologies
- Delineation of wetlands following Florida methodologies (62-340 FAC and the Florida Wetland Delineation Manual)
- Characterization of stream flow (e.g., perennial, intermittent, and ephemeral)
- Habitat assessments for federal and state listed species
- Understanding of the Section 404 CWA and Section 10 RHA regulations and their implementation in the USACE – Jacksonville District
- Understanding of the Navigable Waters Protection Rule
- Understanding of the FDEP State 404 Program
- Understanding of the State of Florida ERP Program
- Federal and State threatened and endangered species considerations in Florida
- Compensatory mitigation assessments and determination of mitigation credits or development of Permittee Responsible Mitigation Plans using UMAM
- NEPA procedures of the FHWA, FAA, NPS, FERC and applicability
- Manage essential client relationships
- Manage project setup, project delivery, project controls, business development, client satisfaction and contract management.
- Initiate and prepare proposals
- Serve as a representative of Cardno at project meetings
- Prepare project deliverables and project related correspondence
- Manage client contracts, including fee estimation, project set-up and execution of work under senior management guidance
- Establish quality assurance plans and safety plans for assigned projects
- Prepare work plans, assemble project team, delegate tasks and ensure compliance with scope and completion of tasks
- Mentor staff in Florida and assigned to projects
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental science, biological resources or related field
- Experience managing and providing environmental consulting services to project developers to support project siting, design, and permit applications
- Local, State, and Federal compliance and environmental permitting experience
- 6+ years experience providing or managing technical services in a professional services setting, preferably in the Southeastern US. (Experience in Florida is required)
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing role (including business development and client management)
- Positive, flexible, and team-oriented approach
- FWC Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent
- Professional certifications (PWS, CWB, PMP, CEP etc.)
- 6+ years experience with wetland and listed species permitting in Florida
- Experience performing field assessment and filing of permit applications
- Experience managing a project team
Benefit eligible employees are offered a variety of plans to help address their health and welfare needs, as well as the needs of their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes competitive pay. medical, dental, vision, EAP, paid parental leave, health and financial wellness programs, life and disability coverage as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit application online HERE.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!