Field Inspector RemediationBridgeport, NJ
Clean Harbors is looking for a Field Inspector to join their safety conscious team. The Field Inspector oversees and documents daily site activities for remediation and emergency response projects. Documentation of daily site activities including but not limited to cost tracking accounting, worksheet preparation, waste shipping logs, manifest management, health and safety, collection of photographs, documentation of meeting and conference calls, and completion of all paperwork under the direction of the project manager. In addition, Field Inspector required to collect soil and groundwater samples, air monitoring data and completion of field activities. Field Inspector will work under the direct supervision of the Field Project Manager and will assist in the completion of a project.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, with weekly overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Accurately and completely document site activities including cost tracking, worksheets, waste shipping logs, manifest management, health and safety, documentation of meetings and conference calls and other paperwork via use of a laptop or mobile device.
- Reading and understanding of project documents and contracts.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Meeting project deadlines.
- Ordering and receiving of supplies for the project.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related degree acceptable.
- Extensive Nationwide Travel up to six (6) weeks at a time before a rotation home.
- Valid, Clean Drivers License.
- Completed confined space entry (CSE) training, 40 Hour OSHA Training and Annual Refresher.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to be able to use a laptop and be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with scientific procedures and methodology.
- Familiarity with field operations procedures.
- Attention to detail and able to take and comply with directions.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting for extended periods. Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion, speaking and listening.
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online for this exciting opportunity HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!