Environmental ScientistBranchburg, NJ
The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 26 years at a rate of 25-30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
RECENT COLLEGE GRADS...YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL CAREER IS CALLING!
This is an exciting opportunity to kick off your career in the environmental field as VERTEX is inviting a dynamic, energetic scientist, geologist, or engineer to join the VERTEX team in our Branchburg, New Jersey office. The individual we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, evaluate properties locally and regionally (ocassional national travel), provide field oversight on a variety of projects, and assist senior staff with data evaluation, project coordination, and report preparation. Gain exposure to approaches and processes for identifying environmental contaminents in soil, groundwater, air on sites in/around commercial and industrial sites. More specific details are described below:
- Conduct Phase II field investigation activities;
- Conduct soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air sampling;
- Assist with scheduling and coordination, and oversee subcontractor activities for projects;
- Compile and review laboratory and field data;
- Prepare tables, figures, boring logs for inclusion in reports;
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with internal quality control procedures and applicable regulations for senior review;
- Conduct and prepare Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs);
- Experience with Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) is a plus;
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and sub-contractors;
- Work with moderate oversight and take direction from senior managers;
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner;
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related environmental or science field;
- This is an entry level position, although, 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in the execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, and remediation is a plus;
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages required (i.e. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat). Proficiency or working knowledge with AutoCAD, TurboCAD, and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) programs a plus;
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) 40-Hour training certification required (training provided if necessary);
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction training certification required (training provided if necessary);
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required);
- Background check required (identity, criminal, education, and employment).
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain;
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit application online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!