Wetland Permitting ProfessionalJacksonville, FL
About the job
At Kleinfelder, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our team to work in a culture where each day you are challenged and have fun. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to diversify and work on important projects that influence great change in our communities. Here at KLF, we trust our employees and welcome your creativity, anything is within your reach. Join us and be proud every day!
Kleinfelder is seeking a mid-level Wetland/Permitting Professional to join our Jacksonville, Florida office.
Under the supervision of senior level staff, the successful candidate will lead field teams in the completion of wetland delineations and assessments, and provide technical support for a variety of projects in the energy (power, solar, oil and gas), mining, and private sectors. The work will involve a combination of office and field work and will include developing technical reports and permit applications on behalf of clients.
The position may also include assisting other biologists in conducting environmental impact assessments, wetland mitigation monitoring, endangered species surveys, habitat assessments, and other permit preparation.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Experience conducting wetland delineations in accordance with State of Florida and US Army Corps of Engineers protocols,
- Experience with survey, permitting and relocations of Gopher Tortoises, with a current State of Florida Gopher Tortoise Authorized Agent permit authorizing survey, permitting and relocations
- Plant and wildlife identification skills, and survey and permitting protocols
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of state of Florida and federal environmental laws and regulations, specifically pertaining to wetlands and listed wildlife species;
- Ability to conduct work year round in adverse climate and field conditions;
- Ability to prioritize effort and effectively be engaged on multiple projects at one time
All candidates require:
- BS in an Environmental, Biological or Ecological Science, or Environmental Policy; Masters in a relevant Biological field of study is a plus;
- 4 to 8 years of relevant wetlands experience;
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and availability to meet priority deadlines outside of normal working hours;
- Ability to travel (mostly within Florida, however also includes travel throughout Southeastern US)
- A valid driver’s license
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit application online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!