Environmental Scientist/Regulatory SpecialistRingoes, NJ
Princeton Hydro is seeking a mid-level Environmental Scientist/Regulatory Specialist to join our Natural Resources team. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the ecology of freshwater and estuarine ecosystems, including various wetland communities such as forested wetland and tidal marsh; a working knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations; a demonstrated ability to conduct wetland delineations, field surveys, and monitoring studies; excellent writing skills; and the ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment. The position will be based in Princeton Hydro's Trenton-area office in Ringoes, NJ and will relocate to our new Trenton office in early 2022.
Founded in 1998 with the specific mission of providing integrated ecological and engineering consulting services, Princeton Hydro offers expertise in natural resource management, water resources engineering, geotechnical design & investigation, and regulatory compliance. We take great pride in producing high-quality, value-added work products and providing the highest level of services for our clients.
Qualified candidates must be willing to embrace our firm’s basic core values: integrity, creativity, endeavoring to be the best, fostering human potential, a positive working atmosphere, quality, and safety.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Biology or similar.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree plus 2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations relevant to freshwater and estuarine/coastal ecosystems.
- Field skills including wetland delineation and data collection.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including the ability to write proposals and technical reports and convey technical information to clients.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent time management skills that allow for the simultaneous management of multiple tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Naturalist skills including wildlife and plant identification.
- Geographic Information Systems/ArcGIS software
HOW TO APPLY
Submit application online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!