Environmental or Land Use PlannerBoise, ID
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs’ Boise office is seeking a senior-level Environmental or Land Use Planner who can manage preparation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for major transportation and infrastructure projects in the Pacific Northwest. This position can be based anywhere in the Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Montana, or Idaho) with a preference for the candidate to be located in Boise, ID.
Work will include analysis of social, economic and natural resource data to be used in developing and analyzing alternatives under NEPA and related federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations. This role will oversee preparation of complex environmental documents including Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, Categorical Exclusions, NEPA re-evaluations for existing documentation, supporting technical documents, and coordination with state and federal agencies, clients, discipline leads, technical and support staff, subconsultants, and stakeholders.
This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to influence and provide leadership as part of the quickly-growing Jacobs’ environmental practice in the Northwest. The duties of this role include project/task management, interagency/interdisciplinary coordination, public involvement, business development, and opportunities to build a team and mentor staff. The position will be part of a team of over 100 planners and scientists in the Northwest. The successful candidate must be able to work closely with a diverse team to provide proactive and collaborative solutions for various public and private sector clients, and would leverage Jacobs’ team of project managers, planners, biologists, and environmental scientists in the pursuit and delivery of opportunities in the Pacific Northwest, with a focus on Idaho, eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, Montana and the Dakotas.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in environmental studies, planning, policy, science, or other related field
- 10+ years of experience in environmental planning, analysis, and studies
- Proficiency with Federal NEPA projects
- NEPA documentation, process management, and technical delivery
- State and local regulatory requirements and permitting processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in interagency/interdisciplinary coordination, risk identification and management
- Demonstration of business development knowledge with an effective ability to market state, local, and private clients to secure environmental and engineering-centric work
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience with transportation projects, including Federal Aid Projects
- Experience with State and Federal Agencies, such as FHWA, State DOTs, USEPA, and Army Corps of Engineers
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated client relationship skills
- Ability to travel as needed for project assignments and pursuits
HOW TO APPLY
Submit application online HERE.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!