Project ManagerSouth East USA
BlueGreen Water Technologies is a leading global WaterTech company that provides innovative, scalable solutions to toxic algae blooms for all bodies of water, irrespective of size or shape with guaranteed results. “Water is the source of life. It is a precondition for a healthy environment. It is a human right.” BlueGreen’s technology activates a biological chain reaction, at the cellular level, within harmful algae cells and is able to rehabilitate entire lakes within a few short days. The technology is US EPA-approved and NSF/ANSI/CAN 60 certified for treatment in drinking water. The Role The Project Manager will be a key member of the BlueGreen team and will interface in and between the company, client, and additional stakeholders. The primary purpose of this role will be to manage remediation projects from A-Z, provide customer service and technical support for sales. This will include pre-project planning, project execution, and project close out. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to all required parameters on a weekly/monthly basis, and before and after major treatments of water bodies.
- Conduct or coordinate all aspects from monitoring, treatment, and reporting.
- Maintain stocks of calibration solutions and proper containers to collect water samples throughout the project.
- Calibrate instruments prior to data collection and maintaining proper calibration sheets and associated logs.
- Collect field data and water samples from multiple locations in the water body according to schedule.
- Coordinate with contractors to collect all required data from a vessel/boat and maintain proper field data worksheet and logs.
- Coordinate water sample delivery to appropriate laboratories and maintain proper logs.
- Collect and gather all data from monitoring in appropriate format.
- Coordinate treatment application with licensed contractors and local agencies.
- Coordinate product allocation and logistics.
- Coordinate staging with licensed contractors and local agencies, including clearing the area post treatment.
- Post treatment notifications.
- Ensure licensed subcontractors follow treatment plans.
- Keep appropriate logs.
- Responsible for writing and submitting reports in a timely manner.
- Write technical and analytical reports that detail all project activities and incorporate field and laboratory data along with the appropriate logs.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports as well as treatment notification after each treatment. At the end of the project, submit a comprehensive report about each project and summarize the project goals and achievements for presentation purposes.
- Provide technical assistance in grant and project proposals.
- Provide detailed monitoring and quality assurance project plan.
- Provide customer service and technical support for sales.
- Provide professional customer support in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support, including product demo, for sales purpose.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in environmental science or equivalent (microbiology, earth studies, water engineering, geology, environmental chemistry).
- Ability to multitask and coordinate among different agencies, and meet strict deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, with native proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Field experience in aquatic ecosystems, including collecting water samples and raw field measurements while adhering to high quality standards, and the ability to analyze field data with relevant software. Experience in microscopy work is a plus.
- Experience in writing technical and analytical reports.
- Willingness to travel for 7-10 days to project sites, at high frequency during HAB season.
- Good skills in statistical analysis – advantage.
- Experience in supervising field projects – advantage.
- Good understanding of cyanobacterial blooms – advantage.
- Experience with environmental regulations – advantage.
APPLY TO: Jobs@bgtechs.com
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!