Legislative AssistantWashington, DC
Congresswoman Katie Porter (CA-45) seeks a Legislative Assistant to handle environmental issues and support her work on the Natural Resources Committee. The portfolio will also include energy, transportation, infrastructure, emergency management, tribal affairs, agriculture, and other issue areas as assigned by the office.
The ideal candidate must have 2-4 years of Hill or comparable advocacy experience working on environmental policy or issues relevant to the legislative portfolio, familiarity with congressional process and procedure, and a demonstrated ability to design and execute legislative projects.
The ideal candidate will have the creativity, drive, and confidence to propose original and compelling oversight work, including drafting hearing questions, oversight letters, and staff reports that resonate with our ideologically diverse constituents. This is not an entry level position.
- preparing and staffing the Member for committee hearings and markups,
- developing and advancing legislation and other policy priorities,
- representing the Member in meetings,
- building and maintaining positive relationships with congressional staff,
- advocacy groups and key stakeholders (both DC and CA based),
- and drafting constituent correspondence and press materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume and a short writing sample to ResumesCA45@mail.house.gov with “Legislative Assistant” in the subject line.
The office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!