Environmental Law & Litigation AssociateOregon (Remote)
Ring Bender LLP, an environmental, natural resources and litigation law firm, is seeking a mid-level associate. Our firm has offices in Oregon, California and Pennsylvania and our clients include private business as well as municipalities.
Our ideal candidate will have four to six years of experience in environmental regulatory compliance counseling and litigation in the Pacific Northwest and California, at both the state and federal levels. The candidate should be enterprising and have a strong desire to become a leader in the field of environmental law. Due to COVID all Ring Bender team members are working remotely (except when in trial or for other essential tasks) but we expect to move toward reopening in late 2021/early 2022. The position will be based in Oregon but the associate will support our cases in California, Washington, Pennsylvania and potentially other locations so willingness to travel is a must.
Our associates are given meaningful, hands-on legal work at every stage of their careers and will work directly with the firm’s other attorneys, clients and technical consultants on complex, unique and challenging environmental and natural resource issues. We are looking for candidates who are willing to work as an integral part of a high performing, collegial and collaborative team.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school with excellent academic credentials;
- Status as an active member in good standing of the bar in at least one state jurisdiction and willingness to obtain license in Oregon within 6 months of hire;
- Strong analytical, research, writing and oral communication skills;
- Organized, detailed, works well under deadline, creative thinker, multitasker, and has demonstrated the ability to assume significant client responsibilities;
- Experience with major environmental law statutes, such as the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA/ Superfund), as well as the California and Oregon equivalents of such statutes.
- Experience with real estate law, water rights law and land use law is not required but will be considered a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, 3 references and a writing sample to Sarah Goodling Russell (Firm Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ring Bender is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to not discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social or economic status, marital status, age, disability, and veteran status.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!