Education CoordinatorBaraboo, WI
The Aldo Leopold Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to bring their energy, creativity, and leadership to our successful public education offerings, including Leopold Shack tours, world-class exhibits, sandhill crane migration viewing, phenology calendar, and Leopold Week. These proven programs have tremendous growth potential and leave lots of space for creativity to maximize our foundation’s strategic priorities. This position supervises two, 12-month, limited term fellows that represent eager program support and whose advancement, through your mentorship, contribute to a growing network of conservation leaders. This position is supported through numerous colleagues responsible for facilities and land, visitor services, bookstore, webstore, website, communications, marketing, promotions, evaluation, fundraising, strategic planning, and administration. You will be joining an experienced, highly-motivated, and collaborative staff that thrives on shared success.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental education, natural sciences, parks and recreation, outdoor recreation, or related field required.
- 1-2 years environmental and recreational program experience or relevant master’s degree.
- High-energy, creative, self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of public and private interests, partners, and constituents.
- Strong computer proficiency and office skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to use a personal vehicle when necessary (with mileage reimbursement).
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, discretion, and decision-making.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional work standards and ethics.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work effectively, positively, and collaboratively as part of our dynamic team.
The Education Coordinator plans, creates, delivers, supports, and evaluates educational programming that utilizes the foundation's various assets of people, place and products to improve understanding of Aldo Leopold, the land ethic, and land health with conservation-minded citizens and professionals across the Upper Midwest.
The Aldo Leopold Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that just as a healthy ecosystem depends on biodiversity, a healthy human society depends on cultural and social diversity. We are committed to expanding the conversation on land ethics by acting to achieve a rich diversity of staff, board, volunteers, members, supporters, and those we seek to engage with our programming. Please let us know in your application materials how you will help advance our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
For the full position description, application instructions and to learn more about the Aldo Leopold Foundation, please visit our website.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Education Coordinator.” Please include references. Application deadline is Sunday, May 2. We have a goal of filling the position by June 1, 2021.