OUTDOOR AND ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & FAMILY/GROUP PROGRAMS
Frost Valley YMCA is currently interviewing applicants for our Program Instructor position, working with schools, families and community groups. We are looking to hire Instructors for our 2021-2022 school year running from August 23, 2021 - June 12, 2022. We will also be hiring additional Instructors for our Spring season, starting early March, 2022.
Description: Program Instructors are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up of programs offered through the Environmental Education and Group and Family Retreats Departments at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote deeper connections with student and guests inner selves, with others and with the outdoors.
Qualifications: Experience working with children a must. Bachelor's degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field a plus. Equivalent life experience is also accepted. Must have a firm commitment to changing the world by working with children of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Standard First Aid and CPR are required. If you do not have current certifications you will be trained upon arrival. Persons of color encouraged to apply.
Salary: $70-75/day plus Room and Board, DOE.
- Medical/dental/life insurance after completing 60 days.
- Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting. Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available.
- Shared and individual housing with own private room.
- Professional conference/training opportunities with prior approval.
- On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: Brett Tillman, Director of Education, Group and Family Programs 2000 Frost Valley Road Claryville, NY 12725 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info check out our website at www.frostvalley.org