Environmental Educator/ Program AssistantYorktown Heights, NY
Putnam|Northern Westchester BOCES anticipates a full-time vacancy for a Lead Environmental Educator / Program Assistant at the Center for Environmental Education (CEE). Under the direct Supervision of the Regional Coordinator for Environmental Education, this individual:
- is the primary point of contact for coordination of regional schools’ program selection and scheduling process;
- is able to and instructs all CEE programs (https://pnwboces.org/Curriculum-Center/Environmental/StudentPrograms.aspx);
- is responsible for coordinating the CEE teaching staff schedule and ensuring all programs facilitated by CEE educators are set up to run smoothly;
- ensures proper maintenance of all sites and educational equipment;
- assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum development and training activities;
- assists with planning and implementation of regional environmental professional development workshops;
- is responsible for coordinating summer camp including designing camps, marketing, registration, communication with families, and daily coordination during camp;
- is responsible for coordinating and providing care for CEE’s animal ambassadors.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or a closely related field and a minimum of four years of experience teaching in a nature center, residential center, school, zoo or camp. Must have experience in active coordination and communication with groups (e.g. school) receiving service. Good knowledge of the principles of the natural sciences and the ability to use related materials, plan and develop programs for groups of all ages, prepare and create scientific displays and exhibits, handle and care for raptors, mammals, reptiles, perform some manual labor, and a physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position. Computer experience including database experience and online teaching platforms is preferred. Experience in team building and outdoor challenge course work with students and adults is a plus. Must qualify through Westchester County Civil Service.
Must have sound professional judgment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have a car to drive to schools (mileage reimbursed).
Salary range starts at $48,000
Please send resumes directly to the regional coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell the employer you found this job at ENVIRONMENTALJOBS.COM!